European Affairs Internship
ECRN - European Chemical Regions Network
The European Chemical Regions Network (ECRN) e.V. is looking for an enthusiastic candidate as an intern to the ECRN Secretariat in Brussels for 6 months, starting in September 2017.
ECRN seeks to enhance the competitiveness of European chemical regions by facilitating cooperation among its members and with other stakeholders, and serving as a platform for exchange of experiences. We represent regional public authorities. We also work together with other chemical stakeholders, chemical associations, the chemical industry, and the EU institutions.
Tasks of the Intern:
- Contributing to the organisation of ECRN events and meetings, including agenda setting, communication with participants and partners, preparation of materials;
- Monitoring and analysing news on relevant EU policy developments, national and regional issues and other initiatives that are of interest to the chemical regions;
- Compiling content and updates on EU policy developments and regional news for the ECRN’s communications channels (social media, website and newsletter);
- Preparing internal and external publications and assisting in other communication activities (e.g. newsletters, memos and minutes, reports, ECRN website);
- Managing contact directories and updating databases, researching on possible new contacts relevant to the network and its activities;
- Participating in conferences, seminars and workshops related to ECRN interests;
- Conducting research on a topic relevant to the ongoing work performed by the Secretariat (possibility for carrying out a broader project/study, topic depends on the profile of the selected candidate);
- Undertaking other administrative tasks and assignments as required.
Profile and qualifications:
- University studies in political science, EU studies, business/administration, international relations, social sciences, or related fields (preferably in the final stages of studies or a recent graduate);
- Possibly some work experience in public institutions on European, national or regional level;
- Knowledge of and strong interest in EU affairs and functioning of the European Union. Knowledge in the field of interregional/cross-border cooperation is an asset;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, ability to synthesize information and communicate concisely, good analytical and drafting skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications. Affinity for social media tools is a plus;
- Ability to take initiative and to contribute proactively to the operations of a small team;
- Proven capacity to work in an international and multilingual environment;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken). Additional language skills (especially the languages spoken in ECRN member regions) are an advantage.