ACEA - European Automobile Manufacturers Association
The European Automobile Manufacturers' Association (ACEA) represents the 15 Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers. ACEA is the advocate for the automobile industry in Europe, and engages in dialogue with the European institutions and other stakeholders in order to advance understanding of industry-related issues, helping to contribute to effective policy and legislation at both European and global levels.
ACEA’s members are BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford of Europe, Opel Group, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco, Jaguar Land Rover, PSA Group, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, Volvo Cars, and Volvo Group.
ACEA is seeking a: Trade Advisor to support the International Trade Director in trade policy questions relevant to the automobile industry.
- Monitoring policy and regulatory developments impacting on the automobile industry in the areas of international trade and customs;
- Representing ACEA members in relationships with the European Commission, European Parliament and EU Member States;
- Reporting to and liaising with ACEA members; keeping them fully and reliably informed on the key issues in our sector;
- Drafting briefings, reports and meeting minutes;
- Following closely the evolution of the EU's trade negotiations (including EU-Japan, Mercosur, etc.) as well as monitoring the implementation of existing trade agreements;
- Monitoring the evolution of Brexit negotiations and contributing to developing the ACEA position in this regard;
- Following market access barriers to the automobile trade across the world;
- Participating in and contributing to other activities as may be assigned by the Director for Trade, notably by responding to ad hoc requests for information from both within and outside ACEA.
- A university degree (Master’s preferred) in economics, law or political science, specific studies on trade economics/trade law an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions. Experience in EU trade or customs policy and/or the automotive sector an advantage;
- Strong presentation, writing and editing skills;
- Excellent English, good knowledge of other languages an advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and similar software;
- Fast learner, autonomous, quick thinker, confident, positive.
What we offer
ACEA offers a stimulating, international and professional working environment. You will have the opportunity to support the work of our member companies, by working both independently as well as part of a dynamic team. We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and CV to the attention of Mr Luca Bernardo at firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 August 2017. Please ensure you put “Job application: ACEA Trade Advisor” in the email subject line.
As soon as possible, but no later than 1st of December.