Carbon Market Watch
Purpose of the position
Carbon Market Watch is seeking a dynamic Policy Officer to support campaigns related to innovative climate finance tools inter alia through the EU’s post-2020 budget reform towards strong and effective 2030 and 2050 decarbonisation plans. The Policy Officer will report to the EU Policy Director.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Monitor and analyse relevant climate policy developments;
- Design and implement advocacy strategies;
- Establish and manage relationships with EU decision makers and key stakeholders;
- Prepare and disseminate information (reports, briefings, lobby points etc) to relevant policy makers;
- Organise policy events and webinars;
- Coordinate joint position papers and campaign strategies with other NGOs;
- Carry out these tasks in close cooperation with the Carbon Market Watch team and a large network of NGOs;
- Actively support and contribute to Carbon Market Watch´s fundraising efforts and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will combine sound knowledge of European climate change policies with experience in effective advocacy strategies. A minimum of three years of relevant experience and the ability to work independently is essential.
Professional and personal attributes, abilities, and experiences
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A strong commitment to environmental protection and human development;
- Ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills, experience with financial policies and carbon markets is an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of European climate change policies and decision making processes;
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and adapt to different audiences (political, technical, media), reach out to stakeholders, and present to and lead groups with confidence;
- Demonstrated project coordination and management skills and experience in team-work with people from diverse cultures and nationalities;
- Ability to identify relevant raising issues, formulate policy options and make recommendations;
- Ability and willingness to build contact networks among a wide range of stakeholders;
- Fluent spoken and written English essential. Other languages are considered an advantage.
We are looking for a candidate available to join our team as soon as possible. The Policy Officer is based in Brussels. We will offer a competitive salary in line with Brussels standards.
Applicants should send their CV, references and a strong cover letter, addressing the competencies required to email@example.com by 6 September 2017. Please refer to the vacancy in the subject line of the application email. Only highly motivated and experienced candidates will be considered.
Starting Date: as soon as filled