EU Policy Reporter (Freelance)
DeHavilland EU is recruiting for an experienced EU Policy Reporter (freelancer) to extend our network in Brussels. You must have freelance status in Belgium and be flexible.
This role is to be filled as soon as possible and would suit a freelancer with experience in EU affairs contemplating a career in EU journalism.
Working in Brussels, the successful candidate will cover European Parliament Committee and Plenary meetings, events and conferences. The reports will have to be submitted in English within tight deadlines and adhere to a strict writing style.
- Self-employed status in Belgium – we cannot consider your application unless this criteria is met;
- Press accreditation/accreditation to the European Parliament;
- First-class writing skills in English at native level or equivalent, with a keen eye for detail;
- Attend and report on political events in Brussels producing clear, concise and engaging reports on developments in the European Parliament;
- A genuine interest in and strong knowledge of EU policies and the EU political process;
- A strong interest in EU policy and journalism;
- Proven record of EU parliamentary reporting;
- Excellent time management skills - quick turnaround time to complete assignments;
- Ability to translate complex and technical discussions into simple language;
- Flexibility and commitment – available to report during Committee and Plenary sessions (approx. 3 - 8 assignments per Comittee/Plenary week, depending on demand and availability);
- Completed a degree, preferably in a relevant subject.