Victim Support Europe
Victim Support Europe (VSE) is looking for a full time Office Manager to lead the management and development of VSE’s office in Brussels.
This is a key and varied position, which includes a range of functions such as personnel management, financial management, and Executive Board and member relations. The position will include supervision of one staff member.
Victim Support Europe (VSE)
VSE is the leading Europe-wide umbrella organisation working to minimise the suffering of victims of crime and help ensure effective rights and high quality services across Europe and the globe. We are a growing, busy, and dynamic organisation with a diverse range of activities, working on both policy and direct practical assistance to organisations.
VSE advocates for changes in European and international laws and policies, we carry out research, develop training and best practices, facilitate support responses after terrorist attacks and carry out capacity building work directly in European States.
We work closely with our 47 national members in 26 countries, as well as with international organisations, governments and NGOs from around the world, including the EU, UN and World Bank.
Overall administration of Victim Support Europe’s head office in Brussels and oversight of VSE’s budget and finances. Duties include:
- Developing and administering VSE internal policies and procedures;
- Managing personnel issues including recruitment and intake;
- Managing day-to-day activities of in-house administrative, communication and office support systems;
- Oversight of VSE’s finances such as financial reporting;
- Line management of finance officer.
Supporting and managing VSE’s management, membership and external relations: Duties include:
- Setting up all Board and management team meetings, compiling papers for the Executive Board, recording minutes, reporting on meetings; and managing follow up actions;
- Supporting members of the Executive Board and Management Team;
- Management of existing memberships and new applications;
- Organisation or co-ordination of external events and conferences;
- Developing partnerships with European and international organisations;
- Coordination and production of annual reports.
Skills & Experience
- Hold a university degree;
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in office management. Any additional training or education on office management is an advantage;
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the EU. VSE cannot assist non-EU Nationals to obtain a work permit or help with relocation costs;
- Experience in organising events and meetings, in particular with the EU institutions;
- Experience in working in the NGO sector is an advantage.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Good level of French language. Knowledge of another EU language is an advantage;
- Excellent report writing and drafting skills;
- Strong knowledge of financial management and oversight;
- Proven experience in financial reporting to the European Commission and other donors.
- Good knowledge of Belgian legal requirements for financial reporting and of Belgian accounting rules is a strong advantage.
- Excellent management skills, highly organised with the ability to plan, manage and deliver to deadlines;
- Proactive with an ability to prioritise whilst having a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to relate to Executive Board members, Members, staff and stakeholders at all levels;
- Flexible – post holder will be required to travel occasionally.
Terms of the contract
Full-time position (38 hours/week). Unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Salary to be determined based on experience.
Desired starting date of assignment: early September 2017.
Salary: subject to negotiation based on experience and qualifications with a maximum gross salary of €2900 per month.
The application should include a motivation letter outlining
- why the applicant wants the job;
- what special attributes the applicant would bring to the job;
- what skills, knowledge and experience the applicant has which are transferrable to this position.
The application should also include a CV as well as any other relevant information. A minimum of two references that may be contacted during the recruitment process should be mentioned.
Please send your application only electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for sending applications is 15 August 2017. A first round of interviews will take place in early September 2017.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Travel costs for interviews in Brussels will not be reimbursed.