Communication and Events Officer
GIRP - European Healthcare Distribution Association
GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is the umbrella organisation representing over 750 pharmaceutical full-line wholesalers and healthcare distributors in Europe.
GIRP has a vacancy for a full-time position, based in Brussels. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from persons with a minimum of three years of working experience in a similar position showing a high-level of commitment, attention to detail, stress-resistance, flexibility and maturity in their work. The candidate must be able to work independently, and be proactive. We are seeking candidates with English at mother tongue level. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines. The successful candidate should be prepared to start in early September 2017.
Throughout the year, GIRP organises numerous events and meetings in Europe. Your duties will cover aspects including overall event logistics at GIRP meetings and conferences, event communication. Your main job will be to ensure the full coordination and management of the event logistics. However, the position also extents to communications work for the association in order to ensure effective communication planning and execution. The communications aspect also extends to the associations communication and marketing materials such as annual reports, website, brochures, etc. Furthermore, your job will be to take care of the associations sponsors and continuously search for and secure new sponsorship.
Specific duties may include:
- Event logistics: venue research, site visits, budget, travel, contract negotiation, supplier coordination, briefings, on-site logistics, event administration;
- Execute and monitor event registration, including preparation of event invitations, sending and follow-up;
- Recruiting new sponsors and maintaining good relationship with existing ones;
- Website administration: updating information, quality control;
- Social media campaigns;
- Coordination and printing of marketing materials;
- Financial administration: monitoring annual events budget, issuing invoices, payment of incoming invoices;
- Other ad-hoc duties related to the effective functioning of the secretariat of the association.
Core qualifications required:
- English at mother tongue level, German and/or French desired (other European languages are an asset);
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to evolving circumstances;
- Eye for detail and sense of quality are fundamental requirements for the position;
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, with good negotiation and persuasion abilities;
- Proven experience in MS Office and InDesign;
- Proven experience in budgeting and financial administration of events;
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and out of hours on site during events;
- Flexibility to travel occasionally.
Then we look forward to receiving a CV and short cover letter (by email only) by 25 August 2017.
You are kindly requested to indicate your salary expectations.
Due to the high number of applications expected (and limited resources) we intend to respond only to those persons invited for further assessment. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of sending your application, you may assume you will not be invited for further assessment.
For further information please contact:
Mr. Martin FitzGerald