Tax Policy Officer
ETAF - European Tax Adviser Federation
ETAF is a European umbrella organisation for 250,000 tax professionals from France, Germany, Italy and Belgium. The main role and mission of ETAF is to represent the tax profession at European level in liaising closely with European policy makers to promote good legislation in tax and professional matters.
To strengthen our team in our Brussels offices, we are looking for a tax policy officer to contribute to the achievement of the ETAF taxation policy objectives.
The main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Closely follow the relevant tax agenda of the European decision making bodies (monitoring) and report to the ETAF Members;
- Identify timely and strategic advocacy opportunities;
- Develop briefing papers, providing advice and legal analysis;
- Draft political statements and position papers;
- Prepare participations in EU consultations;
- Organise, in collaboration with ETAF members, events which support the advocacy work of ETAF;
- Prepare the regular Board and General Assembly meetings;
- Build and strengthen the alliance of member organisations;
- Provide administrative support as needed.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Level of education that corresponds to an MA degree or equivalent professional experience, preferably in international tax law, political sciences or public international and/or EU law;
- Experience of policy and advocacy work with thorough knowledge of EU tax policies;
- Qualification as expert-comptable, Steuerberater or dottore commercialista would be an asset;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills (fluent/mother-tongue level), other ETAF languages are an asset;
- Excellent drafting, research, communication and IT skills;
- Strong cooperative attitude and sense of responsibility.
What we offer:
- A full-time job in a dynamic, challenging and highly skilled working environment;
- A high level of autonomy in the position;
- The possibility to work closely with the European Institutions on all hierarchy levels;
- An attractive compensation.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by email to the attention of Michael Schick to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ETAF vacancy – Tax Policy Officer”.
Deadline for applications: 11 August 2017. Interviews will take place in Brussels.