ECHO Partnership Manager
Save the Children
Up to £50k (gross salary inclusive of vacation bonus, year end bonus)
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us on a 5 month maternity cover as ECHO Partnership Manager, providing vision and strategic direction to shape our engagement with ECHO. You will coordinate and facilitate the allocation of funding opportunities amongst account members, and build our global capacity and knowledge of the donor.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As ECHO Partnership Manager your role will be crucial in driving and leveraging our global partnership with ECHO, maximising both funding and influence. You will ensure the design, delivery and reporting of all ECHO funded projects is improved and marked by increasing levels of professionalism and consistency. In addition you will:
- Develop and deliver ECHO capacity building plans and training modules;
- Develop common standard approaches to quality and compliance across the account;
- Secure and support the buy-in of critical stakeholders from across the organisation and movement to contribute to our engagement with ECHO;
- Drive an efficient, transparent and timely allocation of leads and funding opportunities across all account members;
- Ensure sound budget management of the Partnership Management unit.
To be successful you should be passionate about shaping the EU humanitarian agenda and capacity building of INGOs. Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience, you will be fluent in written and spoken English and have a good knowledge and understanding of ECHO financial and legal rules and regulations. In addition you will have:
- Experience of influencing and delivering results cross organisationally within a large complex global organisation;
- A proven record of accomplishment in raising significant funds from major donors, especially ECHO;
- A strong network, particularly in Brussels, and established working relationships with ECHO staff;
- Management experience of implementing emergency programmes, ideally at both field and headquarters levels;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and with impact.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 30 July 2017