Senior Data Analyst
London or Brussels
Who we are:
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, regulators and international institutions solve complex problems by developing innovative solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing society.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in excellence, collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Who we’re looking for:
As part of our research and evaluation work, ICF frequently undertakes analysis of complex national and European datasets, as well as carrying out bespoke surveys of businesses, individuals, and public officials. We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to lead the processing and analysis of data generated via these surveys and from existing microdata, working closely with members of ICF’s research and evaluation team. You will also advise colleagues on sampling and effective and efficient survey design, as well running statistical tests.
What you’ll get to do:
You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of research projects for UK Government, the European Commission, and other pan-EU and international agencies. You will be responsible for survey data processing and analysis, across multiple research projects spanning a range of policy areas. You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of statisticians, economists, policy analysts and social scientists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge to shape and influence public policy. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide advice on sampling and survey design;
- Clean and validate data generated through surveys;
- Generate tables and other data outputs according to specifications agreed with project managers (weighting data, running cross-tabulations, calculating confidence intervals etc.);
- Support and quality assure data analysis carried out by other team members;
- Use statistical software (Stata, R etc.) and coding to perform data analysis;
- Liaise with clients on project-related matters;
- Develop ICF’s statistical and analytical functions.
What you'll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about the work they do, and has a proven track record in delivering high quality survey data analysis. Your experience could have been gained delivering survey data analysis for research projects undertaken for national and sub-national UK government, the European Commission and other EU agencies, or for the private/third sector.
You will have:
- At least an undergraduate degree in any discipline which involved statistical analysis;
- Proven experience of survey data analysis as part of research projects;
- Experience of working in social research is desirable but not essential;
- Experience of statistical programming using Excel, SAS, SPSS, Stata, and/or R, including using coding as part of data processing and analysis;
- The ability to be flexible, prioritise, multi-task and deliver under strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Familiarity with UK national and EU legal frameworks regarding data privacy and data Protection is desirable but not essential.
The closing date for this position is August 6th 2017.