EuroMed Rights - Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic intern to assist the Mashreq team in its work. The internship will start on Tuesday 26 September for a period of 3 months.
Description of tasks
The intern will assist the Mashreq team under the overall supervision of, and according to priorities set by the Mashreq and Turkey Advocacy Officer, including the following tasks:
- Support the Mashreq and Turkey Advocacy Officer and the Relocation and Campaigning Assistant with the practical and logistical organisation of activities, including sending invitation letters, setting up meetings, booking hotels, flights and trains, etc.;
- Participate in various meetings, take notes and prepare meeting reports and minutes;
- Maintain and update the database of advocacy contacts, when relevant in cooperation with the Communication Department.
Profile, Skills and Background
- University Degree (may be ongoing) in European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science - other degrees may also be considered;
- Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in the protection of human rights, NGOs of the EU/Middle East;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is imperative. Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset;
- Computer literacy in Word, basic Excel knowledge;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to details;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.