London or Brussels
Who we are:
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in Brussels, the UK, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, regulators and international institutions solve complex problems by developing innovative solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing society.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in excellence, collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced evaluator of EU policies and programmes to join a well-established practice within ICF that provides research, evaluation and advisory services to EU institutions in relation to consumer policy, financial and capital markets, enterprise, research and innovation, and digital markets. We have a wide portfolio of framework contracts and a strong track record of delivering high quality work that helps to shape public policy at European level and at national level in the countries in which we work. This is a senior position within the team and, subject to experience and qualifications, we anticipate making an appointment at Consulting Director level.
What you’ll get to do:
You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of like-minded evaluators, economists, policy analysts and social scientists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge to shape and influence public policy. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
From day one, you will be helping to lead and grow our business, working in partnership with the head of your practice and our senior management team. You will be directing and managing proposals and projects across our client portfolio. You will be setting high standards in evaluation, research and analysis. You will also be supporting the development of the members of the team.
Whilst the primary focus will be on assignments serviced by your ‘home’ practice, you will have opportunities to apply your evaluation expertise to assignments across our European business. We are one of the largest providers of policy support services to the European Commission and work across a wide range of policy issues, and at national level.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead high quality research and analysis assignments for our clients, with a particular focus on impact assessment and evaluation of EU policies;
- Lead the preparation of winning proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets;
- Manage project delivery to our standards of quality and agreed financial performance targets;
- Help to manage and develop members of the team;
- Build relationships with clients to understand and address their needs;
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships.
What you'll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about the work they do and has a proven track record in winning and delivering evaluations, impact assessments and/or applied research projects at an EU level. You will have experience in consultancy or another project-based working environment.
You will have expertise in one or more of the following policy areas: consumer policy, financial and capital markets, enterprise, research and innovation, digital markets.
You will have:
- Experience of the design and delivery of policy-relevant projects for EU institutions;
- Strong expertise in evaluation, and in qualitative or quantitative research methodologies;
- Experience of developing appropriate conceptual and methodological approaches to fulfil a given set of research objectives;
- Experience of delivering high quality and policy-relevant research outputs;
- Proven ability to write winning tenders;
- An understanding of the economic and operational dynamics of a consulting business;
- An ability to manage teams;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- A Master’s degree in economics or a related discipline.
The closing date for this position is: 11th of August.