Milieu Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law in various fields including, among others, environmental protection, energy, fundamental rights, financial services, internal market, migration. We provide our expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients. Despite having grown rapidly over the years we retain a very informal, collaborative and largely non-hierarchical working environment. Please visit our website at www.milieu.be to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are looking for a legal trainee with a strong EU law background for an immediate position to support our busy staff. The legal intern will work closely with the other 40 lawyers on our staff to carry out a range of legal research and analysis both for projects and proposals.
Key qualifications for the position
- At least a Master’s degree in law, with a strong focus on the EU legislative framework and expertise in at least one EU country legislation;
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of prior experience;
- Excellent spoken and written English and experience drafting reports in English;
- Well-organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
- Good knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- An independent, self-starter personality;
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
What you will find at Milieu
- English as a principal working language;
- A very informal, supportive and collaborative working environment;
- A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
- A strong dedication to public policy;
- Highly professional and a strong commitment to quality in what we do;
- A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 30 nationalities;
- A stimulating working environment recently featured in a UK Guardian article entitled ”Are these the world’s coolest offices” and Brussel’s La Libre;
- A relaxed dress code – except when we are meeting our clients;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Regular company barbeques, training lunches, end of month meetings, bi-weekly yoga classes;
- Biennial company weekend retreats to international locations.
It is anticipated that our internal reviews will take around 15 days and therefore we hope to carry out interviews during August. Milieu would like to fill this position from September 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Milieu Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.