Project and Financial Manager
MPG - Migration Policy Group
The Migration Policy Group is looking for a project-, network- and financial manager for two transnational EU-funded projects on migrant education and migrant entrepreneurship. The candidate will have key responsibilities in coordinating project activities in numerous European countries, providing organisational support, and monitoring the budget expenditures of the projects.
SIRIUS, the European Policy Network on the education of children and young people with a migrant background, has established itself as the main network of experts and practitioners on migrant education in Europe. A recently secured Framework Partnership will allow the network to inform education and migration policymaking and to provide practical solutions to improve policies at local and school level. SIRIUS regularly undertakes transnational learning activities, which are managed by its national partners.
MEGA, the Migrant Entrepreneurship Growth Agenda, will help cities, regions and national partners in France, Germany, Italy and Spain to initiate new policies and long-term agendas to better support migrant entrepreneurship. The project will involve benchmarking of existing policies at local level, peer-to-peer mentoring, transfer of best practices, as well as national conferences and EU-level events.
Starting Date: 2 October 2017
- Day-to-day running of two transnational networks, including internal communication with partner organisations, experts and stakeholders, coordination of project activities, and supervision of timely implementation of project schedules;
- Organisation of face-to-face and virtual project meetings, incl. agenda preparation, coordination with participants and local organisers, follow-up communication, preparation of expert webinars, and other logistical support;
- Coordination and management of the projects' external communication activities and dissemination plans, including maintenance of expert/stakeholder databases, and implementation of a visual identity;
- Content management related to migration, in particular migrant education and -entrepreneurship, including updating of websites, newsletters and social media, documentation of meetings, and compilation of project reports;
- Financial project management from a lead partner position, incl. preparation of technical and financial reports, guidance and coordination among partners, and preparation and monitoring of the budget expenditures of the projects;
- Other administrative, coordination and support tasks as required.
Professional skills, knowledge and experience
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in project and financial management of transnational network projects, preferably in EU programmes;
- Bachelors or Masters in a relevant discipline, such as social sciences, education, economics, communications/journalism or project management;
- Proven financial management skills and sound knowledge of EU funding, financial/technical reporting and accounting rules;
- Excellent communication and editing skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to summarise news, activity reports and policy documents;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software and IT skills in general, ability to work with content management systems;
- Excellent English.
- Knowledge of EU cooperation and support for migrant integration and education;
- Knowledge of main EU-level migration and integration stakeholders;
- Fluency in at least one other European language, preferably French, German, Italian or Spanish;
- Experience in event organisation.
- Confidentiality and tact;
- Very good attention to detail and an eye for accuracy;
- Good team-working skills, including flexibility and commitment to the issues;
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise own work within agreed parameters;
- Ability to work independently and initiate activities as appropriate;
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to travel within Europe on occasion;
- Identification with the work and objectives of the Migration Policy Group and SIRIUS.
The project and financial manager will work from the premises of the Migration Policy Group (MPG) in Brussels, Belgium, under the supervision of the project officers and MPG’s Programme Director on Migration and Integration, and with the support of SIRIUS’ transnational board.
MPG offers a permanent full-time contract under Belgian law.
To apply, please complete the MPG employment application form.
Please note that:
- Applications should be sent in English;
- Applications should be composed of the completed Application Form and a CV;
- Applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. No written applications will be accepted;
- The deadline for applications is 31 July 2017 at 17.00;
- Interviews will be held in the week of 8 August;
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.