EMMA - European Magazine Media Association
The European Magazine Media Association, EMMA, is the unique and complete representation of Europe’s magazine media, which is today enjoyed by millions of consumers on various platforms. EMMA represents 15,000 publishing houses vis-à-vis the European institutions, publishing 50,000 magazine titles across Europe in print and digital. See: www.magazinemedia.eu.
EMMA is looking for an Executive Director to run the EMMA Secretariat in Brussels and coordinate the EU advocacy work on behalf of EMMA members. The Executive Director is reporting to the EMMA President and the EMMA Board.
Applications (CV and motivation letter indicating your salary expectations) should be sent before 8 August 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Develop and implement strategy to increase the visibility of Europe’s magazine media sector vis-á-vis the EU institutions;
- Coordinate the EU advocacy work on behalf of the EMMA members;
- Manage the EMMA budget and coordinate the overall finances of EMMA;
- Take care of the administration of the Secretariat;
- Coordinate the governance of EMMA including Board meetings and the Annual General Assembly;
- Facilitate the relationship with EMMA’s national and international association members as well as with EMMA’s corporate members and strategic partners;
- Maintain the relationship with key stakeholders in Brussels and across Europe.
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience in the EU context; media policy experience is a plus;
- Master’s degree education level or equivalent;
- Leadership skills to run a multilingual and multicultural team;
- Strong organisational skills, and efficient capacity to drive operations & decision making processes;
- Outstanding networking skills;
- Experience in budget and people management;
- Excellent level of English (spoken and written); operational knowledge of one or more EU official languages is a plus.
- The possibility to work for a very dynamic and innovative media sector;
- A challenging, highly skilled and multicultural working environment;
- Close collaboration with all hierarchy levels in Europe’s magazine media sector;
- High level of autonomy in the position and strong external visibility;
- An opportunity to benefit from your leadership, and your capacity to inspire and federate several stakeholders;
- An attractive compensation package.