EBAA - European Business Aviation Association
Responsible for controlling the association’s activities, reporting the financial condition and accounts to all relevant stakeholders. Reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), with a dotted line to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Scope of acitivities:
- Manage all association accounts and investments;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported;
- Act as the primary support person for monthly, quarterly and year-end financial activities;
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing.
Controlling, reporting and systems
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation;
- Perform monthly and quarterly reviews and analyses of accounts against budget and plans;
- Prepare quarterly forecasts for operations budgets and monthly forecasts for project budgets;
- Prepare management accounts;
- Prepare regular income statement and cash flow forecasts;
- Challenge and support line, project and event managers with regards to their respective budget management;
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities;
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies;
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations;
- Assist the CEO/CAO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports;
- Prepare regular reconciliation statements of the association’s cash position.
- Prepare guidelines for the preparation of the annual calendarised budget;
- Responsible for collecting and evaluating, annual project and overhead budgets;
- Prepare budget documentation for management and Board of Governors approval.
Financial Controller Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field;
- Specific credentials and experience in accounting;
- Solid command of English;
- Native or native-equivalent command of French and/or Flemish/Dutch;
- More than 5 years of experience in a business or finance environment;
- Honesty; integrity; reliability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Close attention to detail;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Understanding of European data privacy standards.
Please send your application before 31 July 2017.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.