External Aid Evaluator
ADE - Analysis For Economic Decisions
Are you an experienced professional in development cooperation or humanitarian aid evaluation, with excellent analytical and consulting skills?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the willingness to further develop ADE’s activities in this field?
Check out this open position!
ADE is a private consultancy company based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
It supports decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies. ADE has three historic areas of specialisation:
- Macro-economic reforms and Regional development;
- Rural development and agriculture;
- Evaluation methodology.
ADE has also developed specific expertise in other fields, such as in fragility, humanitarian aid, and private sector development.
Examples of evaluations conducted by ADE include the following:
- Evaluation of the EIB Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Investment Facility (ongoing);
- Evaluation of the African Development Bank support to agricultural value chains (ongoing);
- Evaluation of the EU humanitarian interventions in India and Nepal (ongoing);
- Evaluation of the EU Approach to building Resilience in African Drylands (2017);
- Evaluation of the EU humanitarian response to the Syrian Crisis (2016);
- Evaluation of the Use of Different Transfer Modalities in EU humanitarian aid (2016);
- Evaluation of the African Peace Facility (2013).
What you will do:
- Design evaluation approaches and tools;
- Conduct interviews and data collection at headquarter level;
- Participate to field visits at country level;
- Conduct quantitative & qualitative research and analysis;
- Draft reports and present findings in client meetings;
- Manage teams and projects;
- Participate to tender processes and ADE’s wider internal and external activities.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of professional experience; additional experience would be an asset;
- A university degree at Masters or PhD level; preferably in economic or scientific domains;
- Outstanding research, data collection and analytical skills;
- Strong writing and presentation skills;
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Team work and leadership skills;
- Resistance to stress;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French and/or other languages would be an asset;
- A strong interest in evaluation methodology;
- A strong interest in development cooperation or humanitarian aid.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to gain experience in one of Europe’s leading evaluation companies;
- An opportunity to work on complex, strategic evaluations in the field of development cooperation, humanitarian aid, and international relations;
- An opportunity to gain experience with the EU and other major donors;
- An international environment with a team of highly-qualified colleagues;
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different themes, countries, and clients;
- A full salary package, with benefits such as a company car.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application in English to our HR Manager Mrs Donatienne Désirant at firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 July 2017.
Please specify through which channel you heard about this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The selection procedure will be conducted in three phases, including a case study.