European Affairs and Partnerships Intern
SFCG - Search for Common Ground
Global Affairs and Partnerships (GAP)
Search’s Global Affairs and Partnerships team, of which our European Affairs and Partnership team is a part, is a dynamic team, combining our field-based expertise with policy and fundraising expertise. Our EAP’s core purpose is to raise and develop Search as a thought-leader in Europe and drive transformational change in the peacebuilding sector, driving more resources towards our field in general, and Search in particular.
We are searching for
The EAP Intern will be an integral part of a dynamic Brussels Headquarters team and will report to the European Affairs and Partnerships Associate. The intern’s key responsibilities include Desk Research to support Search’s policy, fundraising and visibility goals.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Conduct desk research related to fundraising with a special focus on European bilateral donors, and European media news on peacebuilding issues;
- Identify and research opportunities for new program development and partnerships;
- Under the supervision of the EAP Associate, contribute to the implementation of the Outreach Strategy, including communications, social media tools, updating SFCG’s website, and assisting with conference logistics;
- Represent Search for Common Ground at relevant events and public meetings and take notes when requested;
- Maintain and update computerized database of donors and prospects;
- Provide administrative support to the office.
You meet the following qualifications:
- BA in International Relations, Political Science, Conflict Studies or Communications;
- Written and spoken fluency in English and French essential;
- Advanced computer skills;
- The ideal candidate will further exhibit;
- A self-starting, enthusiastic and flexible work style;
- Demonstrable interest in conflict resolution and peacebuilding;
- Superb writing, editing and communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines.