Financial Expert/Contract Management and Financial Control
The job as Financial Expert/Contract management and Financial Control
In the post as Financial Expert/Contract management and Financial Control your main tasks will cover contract management for projects conducted under the ESPON EGTC activities and internal financial control. To ensure high quality project implementation, you will be working in tandem with a Project Expert in a number of projects for the content of the activities and with a Lawyer for the EU and national (LU) regulations. In this context, you shall ensure that EU and Luxembourg legal requirements are respected.
In the framework of the public procurement procedures of external contracts, you will be asked among other to (1) draft relevant parts of terms of reference and publish calls on the “Portail des Marchés Publics” of Luxembourg, (2) participate in opening sessions, (3) assess management and financial capabilities of tenderers, (4) ensure the secretary role of opening and assessment committees, (5) start contracting procedures and (6) ensure the proper implementation of the contract in financial and administrative terms. For this last point, you will provide support to Project Experts to ensure respect for deadlines for deliveries, assessment of deliveries for payments to service providers.
In your daily work, you will also be responsible together with colleagues for ensuring sound financial and budgetary management of the ESPON EGTC, respecting the Operation Implementation Guidelines given for the Single Operation. You will among other be involved in monitoring the EGTC Budget, in the continuous internal quality control of payments and accounting and in elaborating the bi-annual Financial Progress Reports to be submitted by the ESPON EGTC to the ESPON MA.
The legal and regulatory context for your work as Financial Expert is based on the relevant rules for public procurement and financial management of the European Commission as part of the European Structural Investment Funds 2014-2020 as well as Luxembourg legislation.
The post as Financial Expert/ Contract management and Financial Control will in organisational terms be assigned to the Unit on Administration and Management.
- You carry an advanced University degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Project management, Business Administration, Economy, Finance management Law or other relevant field of study.
- You have preferably 3-5 years of relevant work experience, with financial and/or legal issues related to international programmes, public procurement and project management. Candidates with less work experience may also be considered if sufficiently convincing skills and competences are present.
- A lower level of education in those fields can be accepted on a condition of at least 10 years of relevant work experience in financial activities.
- You have insight in European regulations related to ESIF and Cohesion Policy 2014-2020 and you are well acquainted with Luxembourg law relevant for public procurement and contract management.
- You possess analytical and numeracy skills, you are minded for collaboration and team work. You are well organised, oriented on finding solutions and possess good time management skills, and administrative flair, particularly in the fields of public procurement, project management and contract administration. In this context experience in relation to implementation of calls for tender and service contract management will be considered an advantage.
- Your ability to communicate in English is at high level necessary in order to cover the requested tasks. Good computer skills and confidence in working in Excel is considered a pre-condition for the post