Legal Support Officer M/F CA IV
ECHA - European Chemicals Agency
1. THE JOB
The Legal Support Officer will work in the Agency’s Legal Affairs Unit on issues relating to chemicals or other relevant legislation as well as appeal or court proceedings.
The Legal Support Officer will support the unit for a workload peak in relation to the Registration Deadline 2018. The main tasks of the Legal Support Officer are outlined below:
- Legal advice on the Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) as well as on applicable procedures;
- Legal advice on administrative issues arising in the context of a European regulatory agency such as on access to documents or intellectual property rights;
- Supporting the preparation of the defence and other written pleadings in appeal and court procedures;
- Legal advice on procedural issues arising in the context of an administrative review;
- Drafting and verifying operational procedures and legal templates;
- Drafting and/or checking implementing rules and guidelines;
- Checking documents intended to be communicated and distributed outside the Agency and which may possibly be binding for the Agency with regard to their legal correctness;
- Contributing to the development of legal databases;
- Legal research, analysis and follow-up of case-law, in particular at the Union level.
To qualify for this profile, you must have completed university studies of at least three (3) years attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one (1) year. Your university degree must be obtained in law.
Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities or EEA authorities and qualifications recognised as equivalent by the relevant EU or EEA Member State authorities will be accepted.
3. SELECTION CRITERIA
If you meet the eligibility criteria set out in section 2, you will be assessed on the basis of the following selection criteria. The candidates who are judged to be the most suitable on the basis of the selection criteria will be invited to undergo a written test prior to the interview.
- Your academic and professional qualifications and their relevance to the main areas of work listed in section 1;
- Your professional experience: the range of fields covered; the type and level of work done and its relevance to the areas of work listed in section 1.
The following will be considered as assets:
- Professional experience gained in a European Institution or an international/multicultural organisation.
The academic and professional qualifications, professional experience and experience considered as an asset must be described as precisely as possible in your application.
4. HOW TO APPLY
You can submit your application and find more information on ECHA’s website at: http://echa.europa.eu/web/guest/about-us/jobs/open-positions.
The deadline to fill in and submit your application is 05 July 2017 at noon 12:00, Helsinki time (11:00 a.m. CET).