Experts in EU Policy Research and Evaluation
London, United Kingdom
ICF is …
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in Brussels, the UK, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, regulators and international institutions solve complex problems by developing innovative solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing society. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in excellence, collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We are looking for experts in EU policy to work with us on specific assignments of mutual interest
We provide research, evaluation, impact assessment services to the Directorates-General of the European Commission and many of the EU’s Executive Agencies on a very diverse range of policy issues, from migration to climate change, innovation to humanitarian assistance.
We wish to expand our community of experts who work with us on a freelance associate basis on individual EU policy assignments, supporting the preparation of tenders and in the delivery of projects. Our associates are individual consultants who have proven expertise in the preparation of successful tenders and project delivery for policy research, evaluation and impact assessment for the European Commission and its Agencies.
We are keen to foster lasting, flexible and collaborative relationships with people who have a strong track record with our clients and a history of working on the development of the policy areas in which we are active.
We are particular keen to hear from experts with a track record in:
- Financial markets/instruments and macro-financial assistance (working with DG ECFIN, DG FISMA and EIB);
- Consumer policy/consumer rights (working with DG JUSTICE and DG MOVE);
- Education, youth and culture policies – all levels (working with DG EAC);
- Vocational education and training and skills policies (working with DG EMPL, Cedefop);
- Employment and working conditions policies (working with DG EMPL, Eurofound);
- Gender equality and antidiscrimination (working with DG JUSTICE, European Institute for Gender Equality, Fundamental Rights Agency and UN Women);
- Humanitarian assistance (working with DG ECHO);
- Energy, climate, environmental, industrial, aviation and transport policies (working with DG ENER, CLIMA, ENV, MOVE, GROW);
- Large Scale IT systems (working with DG HOME, EU-LISA and Frontex);
- Cybercrime and cybersecurity (working with DG HOME, EDA, ENISA);
- The Digital Single Market (working with DG CONNECT).
Your skills and track record
You will have at least ten years professional experience in policy-relevant consultancy for the EU institutions. This will include at least five years’ experience of acting as a senior expert, project manager or project director of EU policy research, evaluation and impact assessment assignments.
You will have deep expertise in evaluation, impact assessment and policy research methodologies and a strong understanding of the policy domain in which you work.
You will be used to working in collaboration with consultancies in a project-based, multi-discipline environment, either in the preparation of proposals or the delivery of projects.
You will have:
- Experience of developing and applying appropriate conceptual and methodological approaches to meet defined research objectives for evaluations, impact assessments and policy-relevant research;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience of drafting high quality proposals in response to requests for services issued by EU institutions;
- Experience of drafting high quality reports;
- Excellent writing skills in English (fluency in another European language an advantage);
- Advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications).
The closing date for this position is: Friday June 30th.