Work Experience Placement Social Affairs
The successful candidate will support EUROCITIES policy advisors in the social affairs team, whose work covers wide EU and urban policy topics such as inclusive employment, fighting poverty and social exclusion, migration and integration, refugees, housing and homelessness, active ageing and education.
The placement will include the following tasks
- monitoring policy initiatives and developments on the EU level;
- preparing policy updates and briefing notes;
- drafting articles for website and newsletters;
- attending and reporting on EU level events;
- participating and shadowing advocacy & networking activities of the social affairs team;
- support in the coordination of an on-going project on the integration of migrants and refugees in cities through economic activity;
- support with research and gathering good practice examples on projects in the cities;
- supporting the team members in developing policy statements and reports;
- administrative tasks related to organising meetings and events such as the biannual Social Affairs Forum meeting.
We are looking for a person with
- bachelors degree;
- knowledge of the EU institutions and the policy-making processes;
- knowledge of EU social and employment policy;
- interest in social and migration issues;
- interest in urban affairs and/or the work of local authorities;
- excellent English;
- good social and organisational skills, such as proactivity, team work and time management.
The following constitute strong assets:
- experience related to the work of local authorities;
- experience with social and/or migration policy or projects at EU or local level;
- experience with urban research on social policy topics.