Management Team Assistant
FoEE - Friends of the Earth Europe
Friends of the Earth Europe is seeking a Management Team Assistant.
Based in the Friends of the Earth Europe office in Brussels, full time, to start in August 2017.
Deadline for applications: 12th of June 2017
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading green environmental organisations in Brussels. Friends of the Earth Europe (FoEE) campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. We unite more than 32 national organisations with thousands of local groups and are part of Friends of the Earth International, the world’s largest grassroots environmental network.
The Assistant will support the FoEE Management Team (MT) in their everyday agenda with an aim to deliver a challenging programme of high-impact external activities, as well as assisting in effectively managing the organisation and the network. The person will work very closely with the MT members to manage their priorities and workload, to organise the agenda and logistics, and to provide support for specific areas related to organisational and network development.
- Undertake research and/or draft briefings for the Head of Operations or/and the Director on specific issues;
- Contribute to preparations for major events and projects in which the Management Team (MT) is involved e.g., Annual General Meetings, Green10, etc.;
- Assist in preparation and follow up from the Executive Committee meetings, including coordination of legal documents related to FoEE’s registration as a legal entity;
- Support the process of the new five year strategic plan for the FoE Europe network;
- Support the MT members to build relationships internally and externally through direct engagement with identified stakeholders (e.g. Green10 membership, Future of Europe discussions);
- Support regular MT meetings with minute taking, follow up as relevant, and ensure all documents/briefings are available;
- Through help with external consultants support maintenance and development of online tools used in the office (databases, wiki, file sharing, e-petition platform, etc.);
- Build capacity of staff through organisation of trainings (i. a. use of online tools or other);
- Coordinate or assist the administrative processes relating to recruitment processes of staff directly recruited by the MT or its respective members.
- Committed to FoEE’s vision, mission and values;
- University degree;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills as well as high level of reliability and diplomacy;
- Project management skills;
- Fluent in English, which is the working language, and good command of French;
- Good writing, researching and editing skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office pack, including familiarity of working with databases;
- Able to undertake a rich combination of standard assistant duties and new projects;
- Fluency in use of various online tools.
- Have a strong motivation for NGO work or voluntary activities;
- The ability to speak one or more of the other EU languages;
- Knowledge of EU affairs and structures;
- Knowledge of environmental issues.
The position will be based in our office in Brussels (full-time, 5 days a week).
Salary between 2.518 – 2.741 Euro per month gross, depending on experience and qualifications.
Friends of the Earth Europe offers an attractive benefits package, including a 13th month, lunch vouchers, an additional 5 days of holidays per year, pension scheme, hospitalisation and comprehensive travel insurance. We also offer full coverage of train travel in case of commuting within Belgium.
Conditions are according to Belgian employment legislation, hence the position is open solely to persons with right to work in the EU.
If you feel you meet our criteria, and feel inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, send us a motivation letter in English with a CV and contact details for two references to Operationsfirstname.lastname@example.org by 12th of June 2017. Tests and interviews are planned between the 19th and 21st of June.
For this application only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.