Sector Group Manager Oleochemicals
CEFIC - European Chemical Industry Council
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels and employs more than 150 people.
For its department Specialty Chemicals (SC), Cefic is looking for a (m/f) Sector Group Manager Oleochemicals.
- Managing several working groups with representatives of industry (chemical companies, members of Cefic);
- Co-ordinating and managing projects in response to key issues in the area of health, safety, environment, bio-economy;
- Identifying relevant issues, proposing objectives and priorities, defining and agreeing on action plans in order to produce added value for the members and the industry as a whole;
- Driving the process of consensus-building and position-taking in order to reach a consensus between all parties involved;
- Creating and managing an effective interface with relevant members, stakeholders and decision-making bodies at the European level;
- Ensuring the effective advocacy (contacts with regulatory or policy making bodies) and communication (publications, seminars, websites, extranet) of the industry positions;
- Establishing, maintaining and extending the network of relationships and alliances with various industrial players and downstream users;
- Monitoring, analysing and interpreting of the existing and proposed policies & government legislation and their impact on member company activities;
- Organising and chairing of meetings, drafting of minutes, budget control.
Skills & competencies
- Be self-organized;
- University degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related domain;
- 5 years of experience in an international working environment, preferably in the chemical industry or industry association;
- Familiar with the European regulatory framework;
- Strong advocacy and oral and written communication skills;
- Strong project management and people management skills;
- Strong abstraction skills;
- Proficiency in English, additional languages are an asset;
- Proactive team player with strong service focus;
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office package).
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 31st of May 2017 to:
Cefic, Gert Roelandt, Human Resources Manager, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels.