Adviser Resolution/Corporate Governance/Company Law
EACB - European Association of Co-operative Banks
The EACB Secretariat is looking for an experienced Adviser for its Banking Regulation Department.
The adviser reports to the Head of Department directly. His or her portfolio will comprise the following tasks:
- Monitor European technical initiatives relevant for cooperative banks related to Deposit Guarantee Systems, Recovery and Resolution as well as aspects of Corporate Governance and Company Law;
- Monitor and analyse related activities of the Single Resolution Mechanism (SRB), the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM), the European Banking Authority (EBA) and the European Commission;
- Regularly inform member organisations about latest development regarding regulatory policy for banks (by emails, internal memos and reports);
- Organise/get involved in meetings of the relevant EACB working group and task forces several times a year (setting up of agenda, inviting members and guest speakers, moderating the discussion);
- Represent member organisations’ interests in meetings; lobby towards EU Institutions (European Commission, Parliament, Council, European Banking Authority (EBA), the Single Resolution Mechanism (SRB), the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM));
- Draft position papers, letters, speeches and other relevant documents for internal and external distribution;
- Maintain a network of contacts both within the association and outside (EU policy-makers, global bodies other trade associations, etc.).
- Distinct interest in financial regulatory affairs and their technical aspects;
- University degree (Master’s level) preferably in law; or in economics or business administration and affinity to/experience in regulatory affairs;
- Previous work experience in the banking/financial sector and a good understanding of the tasks of a trade association/regulatory affairs;
- Some experience (min. 3 years), preferably in a bank and/or trade association;
- Good knowledge of EU law and EU institutions and the regulatory processes;
- Fluent written and spoken English - knowledge of other languages (French, German, Italian, Dutch, etc.) is welcome;
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills;
- Good computer skills.
The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) represents the interests of co-operative banks in Europe. With 28 members representing 58,000 outlets and 4,050 banks, co-operative banks have a long tradition in serving 210 million customers, mainly consumers, retailers and SMEs. Quantitatively, co-operative banks in Europe represent 79 million members and 749,000 employees with a total average market share of about 20%.
The EACB offers a dynamic work environment in an international and multilingual team of policy experts. As part of a major European Credit Sector Association, you will have the opportunity to develop high-level contacts in the area of financial services and to gain expertise.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including lunch vouchers, group insurance and transport allowance.