About the role:
Fourtold is looking for an energetic Brussels-based Consultant to join our team, with experience using communications to help deliver public affairs objectives, and to shape the information environment in which successful advocacy occurs.
The successful candidate will be our first (but not last!) team member on the ground in Brussels – supported by frequent visits from our London and Paris-based partners, and our hand-picked group of specialist Associates. We’re looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills, is able to get under the skin of a problem and propose solutions, and who understands the way Brussels works.
This is a unique opportunity: a chance to get in early, contribute to shaping the continued success of our Brussels business, and achieve rapid career progress as Fourtold grows.
The role suits a candidate who is a proven self-starter, and ambitious enough to operate autonomously.
Tasks will include:
- Working on a wide variety of client assignments in the financial services, chemical, and food/beverage/nutrition areas. Contributing to strategy and plans; writing content for all channels; undertaking media relations work; providing top notch client service;
- Helping identify and open up new avenues of business growth for the firm, through networking, fresh ideas and ideation;
- Supporting Fourtold’s marketing efforts – with a focus on market recognition in Brussels;
- Contributing to the development of new approaches, consultancy products and methodologies – such as our data driven intelligence offer, StormCast;
- Over time, management of a team.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Hands-on experience communicating around political and regulatory issues, including some or all of:
- Creating communication plans that support public affairs objectives;
- Turning policy-focused materials into concise, accessible and accurate copy;
- Media relations with the Brussels press corps and international media;
- Social media (content creation and channel management).
- 5-10 years of experience, gained in consultancy in Brussels;
- ‘Independent’ status;
- An excellent knowledge of the way Brussels works.
… and likely to display:
- Energy and enthusiasm;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A well-organised work style with a respect for deadlines.
Fourtold is a young and dynamic strategic communications consultancy, set-up in 2013 by senior corporate communications professionals with experience running major agencies and building communications consultancies.
We have offices in London and Oxford, and work with corporate and member-based organisations internationally, helping them to use communications to manage business-critical political and reputational issues. One of our specialities is policy-driven communications. The majority of our clients are in Brussels and the UK.
Our firm’s vision is to deliver completely integrated communications campaigns, within the arena of political communications and corporate reputation. We combine digital and traditional channels, and a mix of internal and external communications approaches. To drive conversations and change opinions, we deliver a blend of creativity, storytelling, paid, earned and owned media.
Our work in Brussels includes the award-winning “With Or Without?” pesticides campaign for the European Crop Protection Association (ECPA), plus current briefs with a number of other associations and companies.
To submit your CV, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.