Interreg Expert in the Area of Programme Management
INTERACT Office Viborg
Interact Office Viborg is recruiting an Interreg expert in the area of Programme Management with a special focus on harmonisation of Interreg practices.
Interact Office Viborg is looking for an Interreg expert in the area of Interreg Programme Management who is interested in and driven by the strategic developments of the 2014-2020 programming period, in particular with a focus on harmonisation of Interreg programme management practices (finance and content). This is a perfect opportunity for Interreg programme management experts who would like to drive the change management process in the Interreg community towards these new trends.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, goal-oriented team player who values diversity in a multi-cultural environment, and is eager to challenge the status-quo.
We believe we can offer exciting personal development opportunities, working within a strong team of highly-qualified experts, and dynamic on-the-job experience where no two days are the same.
1. About the programme
The Interact Programme facilitates the exchange of expertise, experience and good practice within the Interreg Programmes; i.e., European Territorial Cooperation (ETC) Objective, as well as other cooperation initiatives. Its wide geographic scope covers 28 EU Member States, plus Norway and Switzerland and neighbouring countries. Interact is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and by national contributions from participating countries.
The coordination framework and implementation structure of the Programme is based on a decentralised model involving a central Managing Authority/Interact Secretariat located in Bratislava (Slovakia) and four Interact Offices located in Valencia (Spain), Viborg (Denmark), Vienna (Austria), and Turku (Finland).
Full details regarding the aims, objectives, coordination framework and operational strategy for the Programme can be found in the Interact III Cooperation Programme, available to download at www.interact-eu.net.
About Interact Office Viborg
Our team is located in Viborg, the heart of the Central Denmark Region, which is also our host. The Danish Enterprise and Construction Authority holds the contract with the Interact programme.
We come from various European countries and carry the cooperation torch in our hearts. The quiet, fairy-tale, historical look of Viborg perfectly complements our busy work life, and offers a great opportunity for relaxation, long strolls with the family and candle-lit evenings with friends and family. Whether living here alone or with family, the high quality of life and the safety Viborg offers can be enjoyed and valued by all.
2. Position profile
The expert and facilitator of Interact services supports exchange across Interreg programmes (and their stakeholders) on programme and project management issues, with specific focus on harmonisation of their practices, in collaboration with Interact colleagues. A thorough understanding of the programme and project management cycles and the related processes, including existing delivery and implementation practices, as well as the legal aspects of programme implementation, is necessary. The expert is expected to be able to present complex information clearly and concisely. Expertise is required within the following areas of responsibility:
- Advocating and facilitating change in programme management practices (content and finance);
- Delivering innovative services to facilitate and promote harmonisation of practices;
- Knowledge in the cycle of programme and project management, from both content and finance perspectives.
- Analyse Interreg programme needs and obtain feedback from Interact target groups and stakeholders, with a focus on the north west of Europe and transnational programmes;
- Collect and analyse Interreg programme management practices (content and finance related);
- Further develop harmonised programme management practices together with Interreg programmes;
- Provide support to programme management authorities and other relevant stakeholders on programme and project management issues;
- Develop content for products addressing the specific needs of Interreg stakeholders on harmonisation issues;
- Prepare reports and factsheets on programme management practices (finance and content);
- Develop and deliver events, including advisory services, trainings, workshops, meetings, etc. (concept development, organisation, management, moderation, reporting and follow-up);
- Promote events and other activities/tools through the Interact website, newsletter and other channels;
- Assist in the development and implementation of overall strategy and long-term planning in collaboration with Interact colleagues;
- Liaise with various stakeholders, including European Institutions;
- Identify and brief experts and other contributors.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with programmes (finance and content) in Interreg is essential;
- Candidates should have experience of training and moderating workshops, organizing training events and developing training materials;
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant fields of study;
- Proficient user in written and spoken English at C2 level (according to Europass http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/european-skills-passport/language-passport). In addition, fluency in one of the working languages of the North West European programmes (especially French and German) will be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Interreg programmes and their projects, including their management challenges;
- Specialist knowledge of the management lifecycle of Interreg programmes and projects;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of EU Regional Policy and regulations;
- Strong experience in training and moderating workshops, organizing training events and development of training materials. In addition, experience in e-learning will be an asset;
- Understanding of knowledge transfer processes and systems;
- Excellent understanding of Interact and its framework and services;
- Expert in advocating and facilitating change in programme management procedures and network management;
- Strong skills for assessing needs, and for planning and prioritising;
- Focus on the quality of service development and delivery.
- Critical thinking skills;
- Deductive reasoning skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong skills within intercultural communication and direction;
- Strong sense of initiative and personal responsibility;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Facilitation skills;
- Team spirit and flexibility;
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Advanced computer literacy.
The position demands frequent travel and occasional work outside regular office hours.
Applicants of all nationalities who meet the above requirements are welcome to apply.
Start date, contract and salary
The position is full-time, based in Viborg, Denmark. The successful candidate will be employed in accordance with relevant Danish labour agreements. We anticipate that the start date would be 1st August. The length of the contract is in principle until the end of the current programming period (2022), provided that the current financing plan is not changed and is available. Please note that a trial period of 3 months will apply to this position.
We can offer a competitive annual salary which includes pension arrangements.
4. Application procedure
Only applicants meeting the requirements regarding work experience should apply. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be contacted.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, explaining your reasons for applying and your suitability for the position. You should focus on relevant experience, your understanding of the role and tasks of Interact Office Viborg, and your reasons for wanting to join us. All materials should be submitted in English. Please use the European standard format for your CV (to be downloaded at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae).
Regarding work experience information in the CV, please indicate a contact person we can approach for references on your employment. Please contact us, should that be an issue. All applications will be treated confidentially and the referees will not be contacted without prior agreement with the applicant. Applications should also include an indication of possible start dates.
Please submit your application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your e-mail with the subject ‘Application 2017 – Programme Management Expert'. Applications should be received no later than 28 April 2017. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview, most probably during the second half of May. The interviews will be held in Viborg, Denmark. Please be aware that pre-selected candidates may be requested to undergo psychometric tests and be expected to complete a practical task prior to the interview. You may also be requested to present your previous work in the form of working papers, articles or similar documents which you have (co-)authored.
For further information please contact:
Katerina Kring, Coordinator of Interact Office Viborg