Political Affairs Manager
EBAA - European Business Aviation Association
The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), the leading Association for Business Aviation in Europe, represents the interests of more than six hundred fifty Business Aviation Companies operating a combined fleet of over 1,000 aircraft. EBAA endeavours to promote Business Aviation as a key component of air transport, serving the European economy and the society.
The EBAA is looking for a Political Affairs Manager (M/F).
The growth of Business Aviation, its prospects in the mid- to long-term, and the fast-evolving air transport environment in Europe and beyond are all having a decisive impact on the workload of the Association and its Secretariat. As an essential pillar to the aeropolitical team, the Political Affairs Manager is expected to assume and drive a number of aeropolitical dossiers and projects. S/he will report to the Senior European Affairs Manager.
Amongst other things, the Political Affairs Manager will:
1. Steer policy developments by:
- Together with the Senior European Affairs Manager, coordinating relevant aeropolitical dossiers and ensuring regular updates of position papers to reflect the latest developments;
- Coordinating other dossiers and position papers with the EBAA secretariat in consideration of the political agenda at the European Parliament/ other EU institutions;
- Monitoring developments of legislation, policy and programmes in the EU institutions that relate, directly or indirectly, to Business Aviation and proposing solutions to the Senior Manager;
- Calling for committee meetings in order to prepare position papers;
- Drafting and developing policy briefings/one pagers/positions as required;
- Providing periodic and comprehensive information to EBAA members;
- Working closely with the Communications Manager to prepare the Business Aviation MEP Quarterly and any other EBAA Newsletters.
2. Help represent and promote the interests of Business Aviation by:
- Developing a network of relevant policy contacts outside EBAA – including members of the European Parliament (at relevant committees), European Commission DGs, industry representatives and Transport Attachés;
- Representing and being the voice of the association towards and actively engaging with the European institutions, mainly at the European Parliament, the Council and the European Commission;
- Preparing and participating in meetings of working groups in which EBAA is a member;
- Advising the Senior Manager of relevant EU initiatives and need for and timing of EBAA responses and of other opportunities to influence the decision-making process of the EU institutions;
- Organising events or meetings to keep MEPs abreast of industry developments;
- Steering the ‘Meet your MEP’ campaign for members of the EBAA.
The Political Affairs Manager will:
- Possess a thorough understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions, and notably the European Commission, the European Parliament, and the European Council as well as of the EASA;
- Have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Be a natural communicator, and feel at ease speaking in public;
- Speak and write English fluently; good French and/or German language abilities would be an asset;
- Be open minded willing to travel world-wide;
- Be familiar with or at least demonstrate a strong interest in aviation, in particular from a policy perspective.
Please send your application before 30 April 2017 to:
European Business Aviation Association
firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject: Political Affairs Manager