Aviation and Shipping Campaigner
Transport & Environment
The aviation and shipping team is about reining in these sectors’ growing emissions - which impact air quality and the climate. We want to change the way goods are moved and people travel – improving technology, carbon pricing, ending climate-averse subsidies. We’re entrepreneurial and don’t care about hierarchy. What we care about is clever ideas, hard facts and simply making a difference. And we do make a difference.
If that sounds exciting, this is the job for you.
The position requires political savvy, highly-developed networking, advocacy and communications skills combined with the ability to understand complex economic and political arguments and challenges. The successful candidate is able to grasp technical issues related to these sectors and translate them into effective campaigns which can reach beyond the usual policy channels.
Candidates should show they are able to:
- Develop and execute specific campaigns targeted at these two sectors, with limited supervision;
- Advocate T&E’s position to policy makers, the media, and our international network in a convincing and persuasive manner;
- Produce convincing arguments and materials, which will influence decision-makers, media and the broader public;
- Build up a network of NGOs, campaigners, and media government contacts.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Highly motivated, with a minimum of three years campaign and advocacy experience preferably in transport or environmental policy or other EU policy work;
- Ability to quickly synthesise technical, economic, industrial and political issues into simple campaign messages;
- Knowledge and confidence to engage and influence policymakers, industry representatives and other stakeholders at the highest level;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to conceptualise and execute campaign ideas;
- Fluent written and spoken English; other EU languages are a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, flexibility, and reliability;
- Passion for campaigning; preferably for climate and environment.
We’re offering a competitive salary, including generous benefits and private health insurance. You’ll be joining an energetic and expanding office in Brussels, where hours are flexible, home working is not a problem and there is ample opportunity to travel.
To apply, please fill the application form found at http://transenv.eu/2oBVe0b, write a letter of motivation (max one page), a written response to either statement below (max 300 words), and send with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject header “aviation and shipping”.
Flying is a right, and should not be restricted or made more expensive to protect the environment.
Shipping is the cleanest mode of transport, and does not require further regulation.
Closing date for applications: May 2nd.
Expected start date: as soon as possible.
T&E is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for the first round of interviews.