INTA - International Trademark Association - Europe Representative Office
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – 03 April 2017
The International Trademark Association (www.inta.org) is the global association of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property in order to protect consumers and to promote fair and effective commerce. INTA has over 7000 members and is headquartered in New York City with regional Representation Offices in Brussels, Shanghai, Singapore and Washington D.C., as well as Representatives in Geneva and New Delhi.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
INTA is seeking to reinforce its Europe Representative Office in Brussels with a Policy Officer. The candidate will assist the Europe Representative Office and New York-based colleagues in:
- Providing a regulatory watch and follow up of substantive policy issues of relevance to the Association;
- Advising on, coordinating and implementing the Association’s advocacy efforts in Europe with particular emphasis on relations with the EU institutions and European national authorities;
- Handling several INTA Advocacy Committees, such as the EUIPO Subcommittee, the Legislation and Regulation Europe and Central Asia Subcommittee and the Designs Committee;
- When necessary, drafting substantive articles or submissions;
- When necessary, providing support on Membership Acquisition.
- Completed law studies at university-level or professional legal qualification or equivalent;
- Experience in intellectual property - a must have;
- Practical knowledge of the functioning of the European Institutions and their decision-making processes;
- Three to five year experience a plus;
- Fluency in English with excellent communication and drafting skills. Excellent language skills in other European languages desirable;
- Ability to multitask and work proactively and independently, as part of the small dynamic Brussels team, with New York based staff liaisons and INTA’s international volunteers;
- Advanced IT user skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook);
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness, and flexibility;
- Ability to research, analyze, negotiate and to establish and maintain relationships with officials and relevant stakeholders;
- Some travel required - primarily within Europe but also to INTA’s New York headquarters and international meetings.
The contract proposed is an open-ended contract. Salary commensurate with experience plus hospitalization insurance.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted.