ISSA- International Step by Step Association
This opening is an exciting opportunity for a communications, media or journalism graduate to gain experience in the nonprofit sector. We are looking for a skilled storyteller who can develop compelling messages that can promote ISSA’s mission and achievements. This intern will work directly with the Communications & Campaigns Officer. We aim to help broaden the experience and portfolio of the successful intern. They will be expected to take on a variety of responsibilities including contributing to ISSA’s social media and website content, drafting press releases, working with the media and monitoring the web for news relevant to ISSA’s work.
Please consider the eligibility requirements when applying.
The Communications Intern will be supervised by the Communications & Campaigns Officer. The intern will:
- Strengthen ISSA’s presence on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Support ISSA’s blog content and update ISSA’s websites;
- Support the Communications team in the creation of various communications publications;
- Assist the Communications team in media outreach campaigns concerning ISSA’s mandate;
- Draft press releases and special reports for publication;
- Assist in drafting the annual report, leaflets, newsletters and/or other organizational materials for publication;
- Assist in the communications surrounding ISSA Conference 2017;
- Increase overall public awareness of ISSA and their member organizations;
- Compile desk research as needed;
- Varied administrative duties when required.
To be eligible you must:
- Have an interest in the communications/social media/journalism or public relations field;
- Be fully committed to the vision and mission of ISSA;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Have proven experience with social media posting;
- Be a graduate level student or recent graduate;
- Experience with the Adobe Package is desirable;
- Experience in the nonprofit sector is desirable;
- Understanding of issues of early childhood development, education and/or membership organizations would be advantageous.