Competence Area Manager for Computer and Storage Systems
EUMETSAT - European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites
Are you an IT professional who is inspired by the idea of joining a dynamic and multi-cultural team based within an international organisation? If the answer is yes then Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency (EUMETSAT) would love you to find out more about their attractive new offer.
As Competence Area Manager for Computer and Storage Systems, you shall be responsible for the engineering and maintenance of all ground segment computer systems supporting the EUMETSAT missions and Copernicus activities. This is an interesting role, offering variety and personal progression.
Activities will be focused on provision of services to internal users in accordance with ITIL best practices. Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must as this is an interfacing role.
Along with a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, you shall ideally have skills/experience in each of the following areas:
- Minimum of five years experience in maintaining large-scale software systems in an operational environment, preferably directly related to high-availability (24/7) applications;
- Proven experience leading teams of engineers working under SLAs, providing highly efficient services, developing people, managing performance and ensuring the long-term availability of critical skills;
- Experience in complex, high availability ground segments, with high data rate near-real-time data processing or spacecraft monitoring and control functions would be a distinct advantage;
- Demonstrated experience managing provision of IT services according to ITIL best practices;
- Knowledge and practical experience in managing medium-scale technical/IT projects;
- Familiarity with configuration control of operational systems and software development environments;
- Working experience within a matrix-structured organisation would be advantageous;
- Knowledge of:
- C and C++ programming languages;
- Computer operating systems (IBM AIX, LINUX, SUN SOLARIS, Windows);
- Virtualisation systems (VMWARE)
- Computer network architectures and protocols;
- Relational databases (ORACLE).
- Proven independent problem solving/analysis and monitoring skills.
To apply you must be a EUMETSAT member state national with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
For more information and full job specifications please visit https://onlineapplication.eumetsat.int job ref is VN 17/09.