BIS - Bank for International Settlements
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability and is a bank for central banks. The BIS's head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages.
We are looking for an Administrative Officer to join our Information Management Services (IMS) team. The successful candidate has primary responsibility for supporting the IMS Management Team, other IMS functions and project managers by carrying out secretarial, administrative and documentation tasks.
- Handles routine office tasks, eg mail, calls, internal and external requests, with little supervision. Types, formats and edits documents and correspondence;
- Organises and coordinates all logistical aspects of management/staff meetings and events, both internal and external. Updates IMS-relevant contact details in the Contact Management System, including those of the Group of Computer Experts and vendors;
- Takes care of business travel arrangements for the IMS Management Team;
- Maintains IMS information on the intranet and in other systems, including organisation chart, BCP call-tree and other relevant information;
- Responsible for documenting, monitoring and improving administrative processes and services. Maintains IMS records using the standards and tools available.
- Process accruals and time-sheet information as required for monthly reporting to Finance.
- Participates, as required, in IMS and Bank-wide project work;
- Maintains IMS intranet pages;
- Acts as secretary for nominated committees, eg the Infrastructure Management Meeting. In this role, takes responsibility for scheduling and coordinating the committee meetings, and for preparing agenda and meeting minutes;
- Provides cover and back-up for similar coordination and administration functions within IMS.
Qualification and skills:
- A-levels, two-year secretarial diploma or equivalent;
- Office management or business administration experience;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (notably word processing, but also spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation and database software) and internet tools;
- An excellent team player with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Produces high-quality work, even when under stress, while remaining calm, efficient and flexible;
- Absolute discretion in handling confidential and restricted information;
- Good organisation and time management skills, accuracy, speed and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German.
The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts however all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.
Employment - Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 02/04/2017