Monitoring and Reporting Assistant
International IDEA - The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance - International IDEA is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics.
International IDEA acts as a catalyst for democracy building; by providing knowledge resources, policy proposals and supporting democratic reforms in response to specific national requests. It works together with policy makers, governments, UN organizations and agencies and regional organizations engaged in the field of democracy building.
International IDEA develops, shares and enables the use of comparative knowledge in its key areas of expertise: electoral processes,constitution building,political participation and representation, democracy and development and democracy assessments.
It also addresses the important issues of gender, diversity, and conflict and security as they relate to democracy.
International IDEA is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and works worldwide through offices in New York, Brussels, The Hague, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
To assist and provide support to the Budget and Programme Performance Unit, in particular as it relates to the planning and budget cycle, the compilation of data and the maintenance of records and files for Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the programming and budgeting process by compiling data, maintaining files and coordinating the planning calendar; Provides assistance and training with planning and budget templates;
- Assists with the annual results reporting process with interview preparation, data gathering, compiling of collected data, analysis and related tasks;
- Supports the quarterly monitoring process with template preparation, compiling collected data, coordinating the monitoring calendar, assisting with data analysis and such related tasks;
- Assists with the update and maintenance of the organizations’ internal website.
- Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training, internships and work experience;
- Analytical, with a desire for developing tools and systems suitable for project monitoring and reporting;
- Excellent ICT skills in order to manage excel databases and produce tables and graphs suitable for external audiences;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
Operational Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Integrates the results-based approach into his/her activities;
- Detail oriented and analytical; A positive communicator with the ability to simplify complex data;
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others throughout the organization;
- Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management;
- Experience in using Excel, Word doc., Power Point and internet based survey platforms.
Education and Experience
- Graduate level diploma/degree in relevant field, preferably related to monitoring and evaluation, project management, IT or statistics;
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience with exposure to monitoring and reporting ideally for donor audiences;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage;
- Fluency in English i.e. written and oral required. Any other widely spoken language in an International IDEA priority region would also be an asset.
Terms of Contract
Local Post. Two (2) year fixed-term appointment.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Sweden.
Applying for this position
- Applications should be submitted no later than 28 February 2017. Please note that all applications must be made in English.
- You may apply directly by pressing the Send Application button.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.