Adviser Economic Affairs
The European Savings Banks Group and the World Savings Banks Institute are looking for (m/f): Adviser Economic Affairs.
- Monitoring, analysing and informing members on European and international regulatory developments in the area of retail financial services;
- Providing economic input to the political and technical papers published by ESBG/WSBI;
- Contributing to the Committees, i.e. preparing the meetings, drafting the agenda and background documents, reporting at the meeting as well as following-up on decisions made by the members;
- Coordinating, formulating and presenting members’ positions in the relevant areas;
- Liaising with EU and international authorities (EU Commission, EU Parliament, the ECB and other international bodies) on an ongoing basis to present the views of ESBG/WSBI;
- Undertaking research projects, in particular from an economic perspective, of relevance in the retail banking sector.
Required skills and competences:
- Advanced University Degree in Economics;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience, ideally in financial services;
- Proven analytical and drafting skills;
- Ability to work in an international team;
- Motivated to develop research in specific retail banking areas on own initiative;
- Fluent written and spoken English (other European languages are an asset);
- Relevant computer and presentation skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
Candidates are invited to apply online with CV and covering letter to: Human Resources, ESBG-WSBI Joint Office.