Technical Affairs Manager/Project Manager
UNIFE - The European Rail Industry Association
We are looking for a Technical Affairs Manager, who will be mainly responsible for the co-ordination of UNIFE’s activities in the respective fields of European regulation, standardisation and technical railway legislation:
- Coordination of the UNIFE Standards and Regulation Group (bringing together high-level representatives of UNIFE members);
- Follow-up of the implementation of the Technical Pillar of the Fourth Railway Package;
- Follow-up of the revision of the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI);
- Follow-up of standardisation activities (including CEN-CENLEC and ISO);
- Monitoring of European Commission DG MOVE activities;
- Monitoring of European Union Agency for Railways activities.
He/she will assist the relevant internal working groups of the association.
The Technical Affairs Manager/Project Manager will have to report to the UNIFE Head of Technical Affairs Unit.
- University or Master’s degree in engineering or project management with at least 5 years professional experience in the railway industry;
- Relevant experience in EU rail standardisation and regulation:
- Knowledge of European rail authorisation/certification process;
- Knowledge of European rail technical legislation (TSIs, Fourth Railway Package) is a plus;
- Knowledge of railway standardisation process is an advantage.
- Significative experience in project management/coordination is a plus;
- Strong coordination/organisation skills and excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Rigorous, detail oriented and strong analytical skills;
- The ability to work both independently and closely with all members of the UNIFE team is a must;
- The candidate must be fluent in English;
- Knowledge of key EU transport/rail issues is an advantage.
For this position UNIFE is looking for a dynamic, independent, team-oriented and creative person, willing to work in a small team and to travel abroad on a regular basis.