Agriculture and Land Management Internship
IEEP - Institute for European Environmental Policy
We have an internship vacancy within the Agriculture and Land Management programme in our Brussels office, with focus on the contribution of agriculture to climate mitigation and adaptation, and soil protection in Europe.
IEEP commits to provide supervision, coaching and support throughout the internship to give valuable work experience, while also creating opportunities for independent work and initiative. The internship takes an educational approach to science and policy analysis, which provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on learning.
Agriculture and Land Management internship from October 2017
The Agriculture and Land Management team works on a wide range of thematic policy areas relating to agriculture, including the CAP, climate and energy, resource efficiency and sustainable food. At present the team is engaged in an evaluation of the climate contribution of the CAP, developing netzero GHG emission pathways for the agricultural sector, supporting soil protection on agricultural land in Europe and China, and improving the implementation of Rural Development programmes across the EU, especially in relation to soil and water priorities.
IEEP is offering a part-time or full-time internship within the Agriculture and Land Management team to assist with current and future projects as they arise.
Responsibilities are likely to include:
- Contributing to, and editing, research reports and paper for publication;
- Undertaking literature reviews, data collection and supporting the development of our reference database;
- Contributing to the production of newsletter and policy papers;
- Helping to organise seminars, workshops and conferences.
Interested applicants must:
- Hold a good first degree in a relevant environmental, climate or agricultural subject;
- Have a strong interest in EU environmental and climate policy and, in particular, the contribution of agriculture to achieving climate and soil objectives;
- Have excellent written and spoken English and the ability to present information in a clear, precise and accessible style;
- Have a desire to learn and take on challenging new tasks;
- Be capable of working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment;
- Have good organisational and time management skills;
- Have proficiency in the MS Office package (esp. Outlook, Word and PowerPoint).
In addition, it is desirable for applicants to be fluent in another European language.
University students who are writing a thesis (e.g. Masters or PhD) in related topics and are looking for institutional visits/placement and work experience are welcome to apply. Candidates should show that they are either EU citizens or have suitable visa already in place that allows an internship in Belgium.