Project Officer – Task Force against Trafficking in Human Beings (TF-THB)
CBSS - Council of the Baltic Sea States
CBSS Task Force against Trafficking in Human Beings:
The Task Force against Trafficking in Human Beings (TF-THB) was established by a decision of the Heads of Government at the CBSS Summit in 2006 to initiate activities to combat trafficking in human beings in the Baltic Sea Region.
The TF-THB is an expert group within the CBSS, composed of national experts on human trafficking from ministries in all the 11 CBSS member States. It falls under the CBSS long term priority Safe & Secure Region and aims to strengthen, build upon and improve current anti-trafficking policies, preventive and protective work through a coherent and multi-disciplinary approach. The Task Force provides an intergovernmental platform for regional cooperation and a forum for transfer of knowledge and best practices. The Task Force projects include research and analysis, data collection, trainings and facilitation of cooperation among stakeholders at the national level in CBSS Member States. The current main strategic priorities of the Task Force is to act as an information center and a clearing house for the information on the directions of counter trafficking work, new developments and trends in human trafficking in the Baltic Sea region; to enhance policy coherence on migration in the CBSS Member States by providing state-of-the art knowledge and practical measures on how to reduce vulnerability of migrants to different forms of exploitation and trafficking in human beings; to address the gender dimension of human trafficking; to identify and develop targeted responses to address all forms of human trafficking.
The tasks and responsibilities of the Project Officer include the following:
- Research and development of reports on issues related to trafficking in human beings;
- Developing project ideas and writing project proposals, including budgeting;
- Preparation for and implementation of activities such as conferences, workshops and task force meetings;
- Reporting on project implementation, conferences and meetings;
- Presenting the TF-THB activities at various national and international events;
- General administrative tasks as needed.
The job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
The position offers an opportunity for the following:
- An opportunity to increase knowledge on trafficking in human beings;
- Participation in projects and activities to counter trafficking in human beings in the Baltic Sea Region and at the international level.
The position of Project Officer involves some travel to destinations in the CBSS Member States and beyond.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in a field related to the work of the task force, such as International Affairs, International Law, Human Rights, Migration Studies, Philosophy or any of the Social Sciences;
- Minimum five years’ relevant work experience preferably with an international or regional organisation;
- Experience in project development and project management. Knowledge of funding requirements and rules of EU programmes, knowledge of general funding rules will be an advantage;
- Experience in conducting research studies, analysing and summarizing data will be an advantage;
- Experience in reporting on project implementation and thematic issues;
- Knowledge of human trafficking. Previous experience in counter trafficking work is an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in one or more of the languages of the CBSS Member States is an asset.