JMI - Jeunesses Musicales International
JMI is currently looking for a highly skilled, all-round Communications Manager to join our team. It is a multifaceted, multifunctional position and we are searching for a candidate who has an international profile and a wide set of skills. The position will require you to successfully manage a large plethora of communications tasks, functions, tools and channels. This requires constant communication and management of third parties and an internal team in order to achieve JMI’s ambitious objectives.
The Communications Manager is expected to be able to quickly deliver effective work that meets top international standards. He/She should handle well under pressure, have a solid knowledge of the sector and a passion for music, people and culture. The candidate must have ample experience and a proven track record for working independently on high-level projects. Strong organisational skills, an analytical mind and an eye for detail are crucial. The candidate must have a proven track record with social media and be able to showcase successful communities/campaigns that they have built on Facebook and Twitter. We are looking for a candidate that has a firm understanding of web development and “start-up culture” in general. The candidate must demonstrate experience in managing developers and designers.
The Communications Manager should be flexible and willing to take on new challenges as often tasks may fall out of the realm of traditional communications. We are looking for a strong team player who can also operate fully independently. The candidate must willing to travel and able to represent the organisation abroad, hence public speaking/relations skills are also a strong asset. A background in music or the music industry are surely sought after, we have a team that is passionate about music for social change and look for a colleague who is willing to go beyond the call of duty to help change the lives of the young people we serve for the better.
- Development and dissemination of the JMI brand and strategy;
- Management and development of JMI’s websites, online projects and social media;
- Content Creation: Coordinate, produce and update visual and written content for JMI’s websites, social media platforms and newsletters;
- Management and coordination of third party vendors, consultants, freelancers and agencies;
- Graphic Design: Posters, brochures, etc…;
- PR/Press Coordination;
- Supporting JM International’s Committees, Working Groups & Programs;
- Support for independent and outsourced JMI programs;
- Provide technical communications support for the Head Office;
- Engage and interact with current and future JMI member organisations in the execution of his/her daily tasks;
- Coordination/sourcing of communication’s interns.
- 3-5 Years work experience or the vocational equivalent;
- Experience with UX/I, web project management, etc.;
- Intermediate-Advanced Graphic Design Skills: Adobe Create Suite;
- Basic-Intermediate Video Skills: Final Cut or equivalent;
- Perfect English, written and spoken;
- Must be able to start immediately (1 November 2017);
- French (not obligatory).
- A large network of communications resources;
- Front-end web development: HTML5/CSS3/etc.;
- Adobe After Effects;
- Project/organisational management knowledge;
- Non-formal training expertise.