Trade Policy Assistant
Transport & Environment
Transport & Environment is seeking an intern to assist its better trade and regulation team, to work on multiple ongoing negotiations. They will examine policy issues such as energy, investment, trade and sustainable development, as well as monitoring implementation of agreements (for example, the CETA agreement with Canada).
The successful candidate will:
- Provide logistical support for meetings, briefings and presentations;
- Assist the policy officer and the director in researching policy position papers and briefings;
- Undertake research, monitor relevant websites and collect background documents;
- Participate in policy meetings, conferences and seminars;
- Assist in preparing content for T&E’s website;
- Write minutes of meetings.
In order to be selected, you should ideally meet all of the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level, relevant work experience in European and trade welcomed;
- You must hold a permit for Belgium or be allowed to work in Belgium (for further information, please click here);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and, in particular, Microsoft Excel;
- Proficient in written and spoken English; ability to speak and write in at least one other EU language fluently is highly desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, time management, flexibility, and reliability.