About this Internship
This internship is under the mentorship and guidance of Fanny Hidvegi, Access Now’s European Policy Manager, but it will also include working closely with the Advocacy team and broader organization. The intern will work specifically on Access Now Europe’s communications and outreach efforts and monitoring digital rights developments and news in the European Union.
Interns can expect to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Map relevant journalists and media outlets on the EU and member state level to contribute to the Brussels office’s outreach efforts;
- Assist in the drafting of press releases in English, and performing other related duties as required including Access Now’s social media presence.
Ideally, candidates are recent graduates in Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Political Communications, Media, politics, or related field. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s looking for experience needed for entry-level positions for press secretary or politically interested organizations as well as tech organizations that work in the public policy space.
- While a legal background is not required, a working knowledge of human rights legal framework and policies in the European Union is highly favorable;
- A genuine interest in digital rights, law, and technology;
- Good written communication skills;
- Motivated to work and learn;
- Be able to work quickly and pay attention to detail;
- The working language is English but knowledge of additional language(s) of the EU is a plus.