EMCY - European Union of Music Competitions for Youth
The project manager coordinates the overall work programme of the organisation. He/she reports directly to the Board and manages a small but busy team in Munich, Germany. In close cooperation with the Board, the Project Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic and activity plans. This includes the organisation of board meetings, the General Assembly 2018, and concerts/workshops for young musicians all over Europe. He/she oversees budgeting and financial management as well as undertaking and coordinating fundraising activities. This currently includes applying for, managing, and reporting for EU grants.
The Project Manager must be a skilled networker and is required to represent the organisation at a variety of events. He/she is responsible for the public relations as well as advocacy activities of the organisation and coordinates the implementation of the network’s internal and external communication strategies. He/she leads the fundraising campaign, builds up and maintains the communication with sponsors. The successful candidate develops and maintains contacts with members and partners, and actively encourages the growth and development of the network.
The successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Competences in project and cultural management (in the international context);
- Working knowledge of and experience with EU cultural, educational and youth policies and funding programmes;
- Fluent English and German (spoken and written). Other languages (particularly French and/or Russian) an advantage;
- Proven administrative and organisational skills;
- Communication skills and public relations experience;
- Competence in bookkeeping and financial and budget management;
- Track record of fundraising and working with sponsors;
- Capacity to prioritise and work under pressure;
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours, including some weekends;
- Commitment to and identification with young people and music education.
Further assets would be:
- Good knowledge of (classical) music.