Public Affairs Trainee
EACON - European Affairs Consulting Group
The minimum duration of the internship is three months; we are looking for someone to start in September 2017.
Your tasks will include:
- Monitor key policy debates and developments in the EU on diverse issues relevant to our clients;
- Draft articles, speeches, presentations and correspondence in English and German;
- Perform research to support ongoing projects;
- Working on existing EU legislation tasks;
- Assist in organising meetings with policy makers, as well as medium- and large-scale events;
- Carry out general administrative tasks as required.
- Graduate in EU Studies, EU Law, Political Science, Communication or other relevant subject;
- Sound knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions and the decision-making process;
- Mother tongue level of German and fluency in English is a must;
- Knowledge of French is an advantage;
- Work experience in a relevant field, with professional experience in EU institutions considered an asset;
- Experience in working with legal texts is an advantage;
- Open-minded, flexible, and enthusiastic team-player who works well under pressure;
- High attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to legally work in the EU.
This is a full-time position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.