Manager Regulations and Industrial Policy, Specialist in Medical Technology and Environmental Affairs
MedTech Europe is the European trade association representing the medical technology industries, from diagnosis to cure. They represent Diagnostics and Medical Devices manufacturers operating in Europe.
MedTech Europe is currently looking for a Manager Regulations and Industrial Policy, Specialist in Medical Technology and Environmental Affairs for 1000 Brussels.
Your Role in the Association
- You will be involved in achieving MedTech Europe's goals in regulatory issues with a specific focus on environmental policy and animal by-products issues;
- In collaboration with the Director Regulations and Industrial Policy, maintain and develop partnerships with stakeholders in EU, third country and international institutions;
- Present and represent MedTech Europe members' interests and initiatives at an EU and international level.
Strategies and Tactics
- With the Director Regulations and Industrial Policy develop and implement strategies to ensure regulatory approaches that support members' interests.
Technical, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Expertise
- Ensure that the regulatory and industrial policy affairs activities are in line with the association's policies;
- Provide regulatory and scientific advice to team and members on environmental and animal by-products matters and on the impact of legislation on the members;
- Collect input from members and feed industry comments into responses to public consultations in the relevant policy domain;
- Suggest opportunities for new work items, advocacy and communication.
- Lead internal members' groups including coordination of the debate, building consensus and advise on possible regulatory strategies;
- Develop position papers and presentations to support projects and programmes;
- Provide direction and support into working groups and committees.
- Represent MedTech Europe to external stakeholders including the EU, third country and international institutions;
- Foster and maintain key contacts with key stakeholders, in particular within the EU institutions;
- Alert MedTech hierarchy and members to issues ahead of time.
- Update the website from a Regulatory Affairs perspective;
- Response to members' and non-members' requests;
- Communicate meetings, projects and programmes information to MedTech members and externally to identified stakeholders;
- Promote new topics and innovative approaches/solutions.
- Master's Degree , preferably in environmental, medical, bio-medical or science disciplines;
- 3 to 5 years' experience in environmental affairs, healthcare: administration, government or industry;
- Excellent English (written and spoken), Other EU language(s) highly appreciated;
- Good level of regulatory or scientific knowledge related to healthcare, in relation to environmental affairs, animal by-products and medical technology;
- Experience of or within the EU institutions a plus;
- Project management experience;
- Proven communication skills both written and spoken with internal and external stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus, Representation Costs, Luncheon Vouchers, IPhone, Laptop, Pension Plan, Full Medical Plan, (+ Family) and Transport Reimbursement.
For more information: Call EMMA WAITES on the number: 02 738 02 63 GSM 0475 6149.