Project Executive - Internship
DS - DEVELOPMENT Solutions
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Business Development department in support of the design and execution of new project proposals. Field- and desk- based outreach, research and technical writing will be key responsibilities of this role. Strong analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills are sought to support the growing portfolio of the company. Excellent communication skills will be highly valued given the need for daily cooperation and dialogue with international organizations and project partners.
Internships are paid and are full time during one-year. This is not a short-term or summer internship scheme; a full-time position may be available upon successful completion.
Applicants for the Brussels office should have the right to live and work in Belgium, DS is not able to sponsor work permits.
Prospective candidates will preferably have a university degree in public policy, international relations, economic development, or business administration. They should have a strong passion for work in the public sector, addressing issues in international trade, private sector business facilitation and sustainable development. Excellent written and spoken English is required; additional languages are an asset.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Reliability, initiative, thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Highly motivated, hard-working, ambitious and able to adapt to diverse scope of topics and project requirements;
- Creative and conceptual thinking abilities to interpret project requirements and present original solutions;
- Concise technical writing, data visualization and graphic design skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite applications;
- Familiarity with project proposal and tendering procedures including the preparation of bids is strong advantage;
- Experience with EU financing mechanisms and projects a strong advantage.
In addition, through the internship, the candidate will have honed skills in the following areas:
- Experience in project proposal development and writing, including in response to public tenders;
- Creative, precise and highly organized writing skills;
- Recruitment and fulfilment of expert requirements;
- Clear insight into EU public policy approaches to issues at the forefront of international trade and economic development;
- Project design and partner relationship management.