EACON - European Affairs Consulting Group
The European Affairs Consulting Group (EACON) is looking for a Consultant/Policy Analyst to reinforce its public affairs team in Brussels. In this role, you will collaborate in the monitoring of EU policies, in the analysis of legislations, as well as in the implementation of advocacy actions for clients.
Your main responsibilities:
- Providing legal research and sound analysis on single market issues on request;
- Support the further development of the monitoring systems;
- Assisting in the management of projects for clients;
- Monitoring and analysis of EU policy and legislative developments in different policy areas.
- Support the implementation of advocacy activities for clients;
- Assisting in the development of new businesses.
Who you are:
- Master degree in relevant policy areas (e.g. Political Science, Law, European Studies);
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience (including internships);
- Required language skills: German at native-level proficiency & Flawless English;
- Very strong knowledge of the EU, its legal foundations and the institutions’ decision-making procedures;
- Proven experience in working with legal texts and legislation;
- Very strong drafting skills, with the ability to break down complex political-legal issues and legislative texts;
- Very strong research skills, with the ability to familiarise yourself with new policies, identify key issues and trends;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Previous experience/traineeships in the EU institutions, national government, trade association or a public affairs consultancy;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package. Experience with content management systems is an advantage;
- Collegial spirit and ability to work in a small team.
Please direct your application, consisting of a CV and a cover letter in English, to email@example.com. The deadline is 27 August. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.