Contract Manager, ESF Transnational Platform
AEIDL - European Association for Information on Local Development
The ESF Transnational Platform supports collaboration among the EU Member States to improve the impact of employment and social policies through mutual learning networks and by co-ordinating calls for ESF-supported projects.
Owing to an increased workload, a further job vacancy has arisen. The position is as part of core team of 8 people which works with a dozen part-time Thematic Experts.
The Platform’s working language is English, but knowledge of other EU languages is an asset. We work in a Windows environment.
The post will run until July 2019. Engagement can be as an employee or self-employed person.
If you wish to apply for either of these jobs, please download the relevant application form below, and send it together with your Europass CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 September 2017.
The contract is managed by AEIDL, a Brussels-based social enterprise that promotes sustainable local development and implements European projects in the employment, social, environmental and other fields.
The job is a half-time post in our Brussels office. It entails ensuring that the Platform produces its deliverables on time and to specification, including:
- preparing timelines for the production of deliverables including progress reports throughout each year as well as thematic publications and events;
- ensuring the necessary data and information are continuously collected;
- extracting information from sources such as meeting minutes and evaluation reports;
- compiling some sections of each report, and commissioning the writing of other sections from other team members and experts and chasing their timely delivery;
- agreeing the final texts with the Team leader and preparing them for submission;
- monitoring and reporting on expenditure against budget.
The necessary qualities are:
- ability to design data collection systems;
- ability to analyse and clearly report, in English, on qualitative information;
- ability to analyse quantitative data and report on it graphically (data visualisation);
- an interest in transnational co-operation in the ESF;
- administrative efficiency and attention to customer satisfaction.