Policy Adviser, ESF Transnational Platform
AEIDL - European Association for Information on Local Development
The ESF Transnational Platform supports collaboration among the EU Member States to improve the impact of employment and social policies through mutual learning networks and by co-ordinating calls for ESF-supported projects.
Owing to an increased workload, a further job vacancy has arisen. The position is as part of core team of 8 people which works with a dozen part-time Thematic Experts.
The Platform’s working language is English, but knowledge of other EU languages is an asset. We work in a Windows environment.
The post will run until July 2019. Engagement can be as an employee or self-employed person.
If you wish to apply for either of these jobs, please download the relevant application form below, and send it together with your Europass CV to email@example.com by 11 September 2017.
The contract is managed by AEIDL, a Brussels-based social enterprise that promotes sustainable local development and implements European projects in the employment, social, environmental and other fields.
This full-time job entails:
- ensuring that the work of our 10 Thematic Networks is linked to EU and Member State policy (for list of networks see https://ec.europa.eu/esf/transnationality/forum);
- mainstreaming the results of the networks, e.g. through thematic dossiers and articles for our website and newsletter;
- conceiving content and organising annual conferences and seminars;
- continually expanding our mailing list to reach relevant targets;
- liaison with the Commission, Member States, NGOs, social partners and other ESF stakeholders;
- attending and taking the minutes of some Thematic Network meetings;
- answering user requests, reporting and other team tasks;
- travelling as necessary within the EU (estimated once per 6 weeks).
The necessary qualities are:
- knowledge and at least 5 years’ experience of European employment and social policies;
- ability to dialogue with public administrations, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- communicating clearly in speech and writing.