Senior Consultant/Business Developer - Environment & Energy
Closing date: 11/09/2017
Ecorys is a leading European research and consultancy company, specialising in economic, social and environmental matters. We have been bridging science and practice for almost 90 years. Focusing on complex market, policy and management issues, we provide our clients worldwide with a unique perspective and high-value solutions. Ecorys employs approximately 550 in-house professionals, across different offices in Europe and globally. We are an employee-owned company and our mission is to support our clients make and implement informed decisions leading to a positive impact on society.
Within this setting, Ecorys Brussels NV focuses on research, consultancy and service delivery for the EU Institutions (excluding EuropeAid). Projects are often executed in collaboration with other parts of Ecorys. At this moment the Brussels team consists of approximately 30 people working on a wide range of subject areas. Please consult our website www.ecorys.eu for further information about the company.
As a result of our growing portfolio we are looking to recruit a Senior Consultant/Business Developer Environmental & Energy, to aid our clients in the development and evaluation of environment, energy and sustainable economic development policies.
You will be expected to take the lead in developing business opportunities and implementing projects in the area of environmental and/or energy policy and sustainable economic development. Most of the assignments will be conducted on behalf of the European Commission or related institutions. You coordinate and maintain a network of experts, partners and clients, and will collaborate with colleagues throughout Ecorys.
Depending on your experience and skills we would discuss and agree with you the exact portfolio of your tasks and a career path for your future development in the company.
You will have:
- A relevant university;
- A track record of at least 5 years of relevant experience in areas such as circular economy, eco-innovation, resource efficiency, marine environment, renewable energy, energy networks, energy markets, and sustainable economic development;
- Experience in evaluations and/or impact assessments for the European Commission;
- A good knowledge and understanding of EU policies;
- Proven ability to win policy advisory and evaluation contracts for the European Commission or related institutions;
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative;
- Strong project management skills and able to motivate and support more junior staff in the delivery of projects;
- Good communication and writing skills and a pro-active approach to cooperation with colleagues, partners, experts and clients in the areas of your competence;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage;
- Willingness to travel across Europe.
- A fascinating job in a compact, international and diverse team, based in Brussels, at the heart of a leading European research and consultancy company;
- A dynamic setting and a stimulating business culture;
- Considerable room for professional and personal development and be part of a ‘learning organisation’;
- A competitive package of remuneration and benefits, tailored to the Belgian labour market.
Information: If you wish so, you may obtain further information from Roelof Jan Molemaker (managing director) or Jan Maarten de Vet (director)
email@example.com, T +32 2 743 85 63
firstname.lastname@example.org, T +32 2 743 85 64
Applications: Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and one-page cover letter in English no later than Monday 11th September 2017 to: email@example.com. Interviews are likely to take place during the second half of September 2017.
Candidates should be aware that a case study assignment may be part of the recruitment procedure and that references may be requested.