Brussels or Frankfurt
Who are we?
EBA CLEARING (ABE CLEARING S.A.S.), a Company under French law, delivers and manages market infrastructure solutions for the pan-European payments industry, to support its users’ needs in line with their requirements.
The strategic aims of the Company are to ensure a pan-European and country-neutral approach for the development and delivery of infrastructure solutions, thereby ensuring excellence and robustness in delivering its services. EBA CLEARING manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1 and STEP2, which provide efficient, secure and cost-effective channels facilitating end-to-end processing of payment messages denominated in euro and the exchange of these payments by payment service providers. Both EURO1 and STEP2 have been identified as Systemically Important Payment Systems (SIPS) by the European Central Bank (ECB).
EBA CLEARING was established in June 1998 by 52 major European and international banks with the mission to own and operate the EURO1 large-value payment system developed by the Euro Banking Association (EBA). Today, EBA CLEARING counts 52 shareholder banks and offers payment infrastructure services for the processing of both individual and mass transactions in euro to a wide community of banks across Europe. Aside from developing, running and evolving payment infrastructure services, EBA CLEARING developed MyBank, a pan-European e-authorisation solution, which went live with a payment initiation service via e- and m-banking in 2013. Today, the MyBank activities are managed by PRETA S.A.S., a fully-owned subsidiary of EBA CLEARING.
What do we do?
EBA CLEARING’s operations centres located in three geographically distant sites are responsible for the administration and smooth processing and settlement of the EURO1, STEP1, STEP2 SEPA, SCC and SEDA Services. Providing these services includes services monitoring, customer support, crisis and incident process management, data and statistical reporting, operational IT management, integration services for new products and functionality, integration of new participants, as well as release and resilience testing activities.
What we offer?
In an environment of increased activity from the launch of a new system, we are looking for an Operations Co-ordinator to join our team!
We propose you to reinforce the Operations Team in the Frankfurt or Brussels office of EBA CLEARING. Within this position you will be reporting to the Head of Operations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operational missions:
- Day-to-day monitoring and analysing behaviour of payment services;
- Detecting potential issues and participating in the organisation of the incident response team.
- Project missions:
- Contributing to the regular review and enhancement of the operational monitoring and escalation procedures established for payment services;
- Managing testing and integration of new participants in the services;
- Supporting the integration of new services and change management in the existing services;
- Developing and executing test cases according to test plans, analysing and logging test results;
- Participating in various business resilience exercises;
- Contributing to other specific project work as required, such as drafting project documentation and preparing presentations.
- Supporting our customers, which are international banks;
- Analysing data and preparing statistical reporting for internal and external users;
- Maintaining and supporting the in-house IT infrastructure.
The successful candidate will
- have a level of education which corresponds to a completed university degree in banking, business administration, operational management or IT technology;
- have at least 2 years of experience within the European market infrastructures, transaction banking environments or the financial services industry;
- have knowledge of SWIFT FIN and XML (ISO 200 22) standards for financial services;
- have knowledge in testing methodology and testing (ISO 20119 or ISTQB);
- have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- be fluent in English (in written and spoken form), an additional European language would be a plus.
In addition, the successful candidate should
- be highly analytical with efficient problem-solving skills and the ability to take decisions under pressure;
- be able to evaluate operational risks when making decisions and taking action;
- be a good team-player with strong inter-personal skills;
- be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- be able to work autonomously;
- have a great sense of confidentiality;
- have sense of performance and be results driven;
- be able to work in shifts in view of further extension of support overnight;
- have a proactive approach;
- have a strong sense of customer support, enjoy working in a multicultural team and communicating with a varied multinational audience of users, providers and stakeholders.
Before applying for this position, which will be based in Brussels or Frankfurt, please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union.