Communications and Office Assistant (Internship)
HEAL - Health and Environment Alliance
The Health & Environment Alliance is recruiting a Communications and Office Assistant to assist HEAL’s communications activities and provide administrative support for the range of environmental health issues that HEAL is working on.
If you would like to be part of a committed team in a dynamic working environment across from the European Commission’s headquarters, here is your chance.
The intern will report to the Communications and Media Coordinator and work in close collaboration with HEAL’s Finance and Office Manager. Activities consist of a balanced mix between communications and operational support and network outreach.
- Assist in the revamp of HEAL website and in managing content on HEAL’s main and project websites;
- Carry out a scoping of HEAL’s membership, develop a promotional strategy, and support the processing of new applications;
- Coordinate and manage HEAL’s databases, including on our journalist network, and assist with communications calendar;
- Coordinate and manage a policy calendar on the EU Presidencies and monitor policy developments;
- Assist in supporting HEAL member organisations in their advocacy on EU policy;
- Assist in the organisation of conferences, workshops, and any logistical coordination;
- Provide organisational support on various administrative and operational duties;
- Carry out other duties that may reasonably be required in the light of the main purpose of the job.
- Bachelor degree in communications, EU policy, health, environmental or social science;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent working knowledge of standard office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CMS systems);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of a second European language;
- Experience and sound knowledge of editing website particularly WordPress;
- Interest in health and environmental issues.